Articles by Rainer Pivit
Although these articles by Rainer Pivit of Germany were published around 1990, they still reveal the important foundations of the study of aerodynamic drag on a bicycle and rider. In spite of the dated references to particular bikes or components, the principles are still valid today, and are useful for increasing the speed of any bicycle.
- Bicycles and Aerodynamics
- Drag Forces in Formulas
- Measuring Aerodynamic Drag
- Literature on Bicycles and Aerodynamics
These sites have aero drag data:
- https://web.archive.org/web/20010201062100/http://www.bicyclesports.com/ John Cobb often posts new aero test results here.
- HED's wheel chooser, including drag numbers.
- Humphries aero wheel summary
- Nimble Composite Wheels
- Tour magazine ten wheel test
- Wheel stiffness, friction, aero measurements
- Wheel aerodynamics - a collection of data
- XNG! Wind Tunnel Comparison of 33 road wheels
Here are some other useful links about bicycles and aerodynamics:
Copyright © 1995-2001
Last Updated: by Harriet Fell