For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shortening at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons cold water
For the filling:
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cracker crumbs
- 1 well-beaten egg
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped candied fruits
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift and then measure the flour into a bowl.
- Add salt.
- With a pastry blender, work in the shortening.
- Stir in the water 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough holds together when formed into a ball.
- Roll crust out on a lightly floured board.
- Make 6 individual tart shells by cutting the rolled dough into rounds and molding them over an inverted muffin tin.
- Bake l2 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
To make the filling:
- Combine all the ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Partially fill the pie crusts.
- Top with whipped cream.
Makes 6 4-inch tarts.
If you would like to make a link or bookmark to this page, the URL is:
by Harriet Fell