Search sheldonbrown.com and sheldonbrown.org
I couldn't resist this bike when I found it at a yard sale. Unfortunately, it's a bit too tall for me, so I wound up selling it.
It has a 25 inch frame (63 cm center-to-top; 61.5 mm center-to-center)
With a 23 1/4" (59 cm) top tube.
This is a lovely mid-70s sport touring 10 speed, of unusually high quality. It features:
The paint is in quite good condition, but the Reynolds decals are in poor shape. This bike appears to be a quite low-mileage machine, despite its age. When I bought it, it was covered with dust, but everything was in good mechanical condition.
- Reynolds 531 complete frame, double-butted tubes, forks & stays.
- Nervex lugs.
- Simplex fork ends.
- T.A. Profesionnel 3-arm cotterless crank, 52/42 with built-in "chainguard."
- Campagnolo Nuovo Record derailer set.
- Normandy Luxe Competition hubs.
- Sun Tour 14-28 5-speed freewheel.
- Wolber Super Champion 58 rims, 630 mm (27 inch.)
- Weinmann center-pull brakes.
- Atom pedals.*
- Ideale leather-covered saddle.*
- Phillipe bars & stem.*
*These items were not on the bike when the photgraph was taken. The Philipe stem is rather longer than the SR stem shown, which I put on in an attempt to make the bike fit me a bit better.
|Articles by Sheldon Brown and others|